Mercy and Compassion

 

 Mercy and Compassion...



Meaningful Revelations

By Teresa J. Herbic

 

For he says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on

whom I have compassion.” Romans 9:15, NIV 1984

 

One of the common expressions of adoptive children is through music and art. My son can draw his ideas, thoughts, and feelings on paper for hours. One day when sketching his superheroes collection, he halted. I could tell his mind held deep thoughts.

He spoke up as if he had a revelation. “Mom, if you and dad hadn’t adopted me and brought me here, I would have never known about Jesus!” That spiritual breakthrough gave him peace.

“Yes, that’s quite an understanding!” I smiled. “You’re probably right. I’m really glad, Son, that we have Jesus. I’m so happy he brought us together!”

“Yeah, me, too,” he returned a gentle smile.

God has a simple way of reminding us that mercy, and steps taken for Christ, are often the ones that return the greatest reward. I can think of no better gift than a precious child.

* * *

Where is God leading your steps?

* * *

 

Thank You, Jesus,

For Your ability to transform lives and extend Your mercy and compassion.

 Picture Compliments: Pixabay

Popular posts from this blog

Making a Meaningful Difference

Begin with the End in Mind